It Is A Healthy Baby!

Ξ August 13th, 2008 | → 10 Comments | ∇ scoop |

Cousin Sarah and I went to her first ultrasound today. Good news is the baby is healthy and everything like kidneys, brain, bones and heart are growing exactly as they should. Spine looks great. Yay! Everything is good. Except baby is all about stretched out, lounging in there, and got the umbilical cord positioned right between its legs. So we have no clue if Sarah is having a boy or a girl. That whole “help us name the baby” thing? Yep, we still don’t know if the baby should be Donnie or Donnie. hehe

Best part of today, for me, was that Sarah asked me to be with her at test. How cool is that?!??! We all know I won’t be giving birth (EVER), which means that it isn’t like I would ever have this opportunity to see a baby that I love before I can actually hold her.

Cracks me up that seeing the baby via ultrasound is kind of like talking to all of you guys. You are there, I just can’t hold you. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I pick Sarah up and we do an errand before heading to the hospital for the ultrasound. Park way close to the door because pregnant woman has to pee. REALLY has to pee. Seems that little errand and the drive was enough to have her bladder at capacity or something. We walk through the hospital, wait a week for the elevator, squeeze on with a kerjillion other people, ride to the fifth floor, walk all the way to the end, find the very last office which is Sarah’s doctor. The locked door. They are closed and can’t sign the paperwork, but the ultrasound folks don’t care about the paperwork. Problem is baby is causing Sarah to be about to pee herself. Of course I find this hysterical. Which gets Sarah to giggling. And waddling down the hall, into a different office, hollering that the pregnant lady is about to pee herself, do they have a bathroom. Sarah bolted as fast as she could into the back of the office, I stay and giggle with the women about pee your pants stories. Coz I am shy that way.

10 Responses to ' It Is A Healthy Baby! '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' It Is A Healthy Baby! '.

1. Sarah said,

on August 13th, 2008 at 9:35 pm

All kinds of Woots for the healthy baby!

And obviously this kid already knows a good joke when the kid sees one what with the umbilical cord hiding the bits! Hehe.

2. Tug said,

on August 13th, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Oh, I remember the ‘have to pee NOW’ so well – this many years later.

YAY for healthy baby!! I got to find out my grandson was a boy first, ’cause his dad had to work & couldn’t make the ultrasound – so after the appointment K & I went to find the daddy & they found out together. It’s awesome being included, isn’t it?

3. heather said,

on August 13th, 2008 at 10:21 pm

ah hell, at that stage of the pregnancy, freakin ~blinking~ wrong will cause a desperate, immediate, gotta pee right the fuck NOW! situation. swear to god i came so close to buying depends when i was pregnant. had them in the cart and everything.
    decided another pumpkin pie was more important. :)

you do understand that we fully expect to see each and every ultra sound now and we want pictures of the baby up and posted within 5 minutes of him/her leaving the birth canal don’t you?

(and shouldn’t that have been donnie or dawny?)

4. Crys said,

on August 14th, 2008 at 8:16 am

wow, like you can see a head and everything!

5. Sarah said,

on August 14th, 2008 at 9:44 am

Are you sure that’s not the “you look stoned” picture? tee hee! Thanks for coming with me!

6. on August 14th, 2008 at 3:47 pm

sarah -
    baby is stubborn, just like her momma! my cousin sarah was even jumping around like “superstar” cheerleader to get the baby to move. no good. nuttin.

tug -
    you got to know first???!!! sa-weet!
    it really is difficult to put into words just how awesome it was to be included. to see the little foot on the screen, the spine and oh my word, the heart is crazy! all around incredible experience. little baby donnie will always be “football” to me because of the way her spine was bent. too cool.

heather -
    note to self: pumpkin pie is ALWAYS better. yum!
    post photos quickly…check! (although they said this was her only sonogram. boooo! we wanna know gender!) baby is due on christmas. lots of photos will surely follow!
    oh, and the baby is donnie regardless of gender. it just is!

crys –
    we learned that a butt and a bladder are not a profile, but the heart is unmistakable.

cuz sarah -
    i deleted the stoned photo! didn’t want you getting arrested for giving your unborn child illegal stuff. and that photo made it look like you certainly were!
    again, thank you so very much for spending the day with me and for making me apart of the pregnancy. love yew!

7. Tug said,

on August 14th, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I was very lucky with my grandson – lived in the same apartment complex as the kids. K’s choice (not overbearing mother – LOL) I was at all doctor appointments, and each & every trip to the hospital for 5 1/2 weeks until she had him 6 weeks early – and I got to be there for the birth. Absolutely beyond amazing. My granddaughter? I was living 5 1/2 hours away, so not so lucky.

8. on August 14th, 2008 at 9:45 pm

[...] public links >> errand It Is A Healthy Baby! First saved by MexicanChick101 | 1 days [...]

9. laken said,

on August 18th, 2008 at 8:20 am

There is nothing sweeter than seeing a baby on an ultrasound. Even if it is not your child, it is still a really awesome, special moment.

10. on August 18th, 2008 at 9:11 pm

tug –
    but you love both grandbabies equally!

fuckin spam -
    you suck.

laken -
    you are so right. it really was a special moment.