Ξ March 24th, 2008 | → 9 Comments | ∇ |
Way down below you will find 50 things about me, written by Shiny and edited by me. Here are my additions, to get us up to 101.
51. I was born on July 5, 1971
52. When I finally applied for my driver’s license I was 26 years old, although the very next day I had to give my permit back due to an underage drinking incident that happened when I was 16.
53. I think the only thing funnier than farts would be people falling down.
54. My job is the best in the company.
55. Getting older doesn’t bother me one bit…in fact, I kind of like it.
56. I truly love people and enjoy them.
57. Cleaning is not one of my strong points.
58. Neither is cooking.
59. I make friends easily.
60. I love the 80′s.
61. In high school I once smoked so much pot that I blacked out and needed five stitches in my head.
62. My parents thought I was drunk the night I split my head open.
63. When happy, I do a happy girl wiggle.
64. Reality TV sucks me in, even when I don’t wanna watch the train wreck.
65. Being a homeowner makes me happy.
66. I have blue eyes that sometimes turn gray, yet unfortunately I don’t know what causes the change.
67. Huge family vacations recharge my batteries as much as private intimate getaways.
68. If one of my exboyfriends would have allowed me to get a dog I would still be with him.
69. That would be a bad, bad thing.
70. I don’t regret much in my life. Everything about who I am today comes from my life’s experiences.
71. For the most part, I consider myself to be lazy.
72. I love classic car cruises.
73. On most occasions I will chose salty snacks over sweets.
74. There is no limit to what I would do to help a friend in need. None.
75. I hate, HATE, cigars…although I have no problem with them on the golf course or in the back yard or garage.
76. My tastes run on the tacky side to the point where someone told me I was one step away from a trailer. (Another friend bought me a small flamingo very soon after that and EVERY time I see it I smile.)
77. I have a cookie jar that used to belong to my grandmother.
78. The Little Prince is my favorite book. EVER.
79. My cousins are some of my best friends.
80. I don’t speak with any of my ex siblings and while it is sad, I still don’t miss them because they aren’t nice people.
81. A Midsummer Night’s Dream is my favorite Shakespeare play.
82. I am more comfortable in pants than a skirt.
83. I haven’t sold my mother’s car yet, even though I am not a fan of Japanese cars.
84. Infomercials sucker me in often.
85. When I was younger I thought I had 50 cousins on my Mom’s side, but really I only have 11.
86. If men liked bald women I would shave my head and be their queen.
87. For a few months, I bought LOTS from eBay.
88. I sent a photo of my mostly naked stuff to another blogger to post in a contest.
89. On my only trip to New Orleans I saw a drag queen show and peed in a female strip club.
90. I lost just about everything in a flood back in September of 2004, but honestly feel that it was one of the best things to ever happen to me.
91. My boss gave me an amazing all expenses paid vacation to Cabo San Lucas the first weekend of February 2008.
92. Liars infuriate me.
93. I can drink more than most men that I know.
94. That fact doesn’t make me proud, especially since I don’t drink often.
95. Gay marriage is about love and I don’t understand the problem.
96. I am allergic to Percs and Vicodin and all, which means that Ibuprofen is my drug of choice.
97. Working a Shaker crafts festival for a friend is fun, even though I look like a Bavarian beer wench instead of appearing Shaker-like.
98. I hate math.
99. While I love music, I can’t carry a tune if you gave me a bucket.
100. I have a very difficult time speaking in front of a group, yet I love to be the center of attention.
101. Already I have found blogging to be therapeutic.
Shiny (the male Shiny) and I were talking about our new baby blogs. He has been blogging for years over on Mindsay and just recently ventured out on his own. While he is a Jewish male and I am a Christian female, our new blogs have brought us together and made us fast friends. Perfect Strangers, yet not strangers. Especially after I got to reading his writings. The man is interesting!
So he throws an offer on the table. No, not that kind of offer (he is very married with a beautiful young boy after all!). Shiny wants to do a 50 things about me list for my blog and wants me to do a 50 things about him. Holy shit, I just met this guy, how much could he know about me from my two weeks of blogging? Hmmmm.
For some reason that jackass Tom Cruise entered my brain, whispering, “Sometimes ya just gotta say what the fuck. If you can’t say it, you can’t do it.” Well guess what, I can say it. And honestly, I am hoping that in the comments you guys add to the list of stuff about me. It would be nice to incorporate these things into a seperate “100 things” page.
So without further adieu I present to you Shiny’s 50 things about me, some of which he totally made up. Being the slightly control freak that I can be I will add my commentary in italics beside Shiny’s thoughts.
50 Things About Hello Haha Narf:
1. She hates it when people call her Rebecca. That’s simply not a name she goes by. Oh so true. VERY few people get away with the R word.
2. She knows more about cars than most guys do. Well that is a little strong. I do so love a late 60’s muscle car, though.
3. She is a beer snob — to the extent that her friends roll their eyes at what she orders. I love beer. Yep. Love. But I am not sure if “snob” is exactly the right word. Would I hurt you for a Smithwick’s? Damn skippy. Will I drink Miller Lite if that is the only cold beer available? Probably.
4. This woman has a lead foot. Once she got two speeding tickets in the same day. I do love to drive fast. But not two tickets in the same day, Shiny!!
5. She doesn’t think of her biological father as her “real” dad. True. Very true.
6. She loves skiing, but has never gone snowboarding. Also true. I would kill myself on a snowboard.
7. She doesn’t keep in touch with many of her high school friends. There are probably two girls from high school that I keep in touch with. They are good people.
8. She does, however, keep in touch with her online friends — and has met a couple of them. Jester started this insanity. We met at a trade show and told me about this thing he had on the internet, a blog. (Yeah, I lived under a rock most of my life. Shhhhhhhh.) Since then I have totally fallen in love with some amazing people that I consider friends even though we haven’t met. Tequilacon should change that and offer the opportunity to drink and get to know some folks in real life.
9. She has a thing for any movie set in Pittsburgh, so she can point out the landmarks to her friends. “Look! That’s where Bruce Willis got shot in ‘Striking Distance!’” Her friends think she’s a dork for that. Kinda true. I do so love my town and have lots of stupid trivia about Pittsburgh. Did you know that the yellow color of most of our bridges is called Alomon Gold? I’m not sure, but I think it might have been my mother who came up with the combination of our rivers’ names as the name of the color. Some contest if memory serves me right. I’ll have to investigate that.
10. Her friends think she’s a dork for lots of other things. But love her nonetheless. I am pretty sure this is true!
11. She once performed the Heimlich maneuver on a dog, saving his life. Uhhh, no. Although once I did the Heimlich on myself when I was at home alone choking. I think that might be a post for another day.
12. She feels more comfortable around men than around other women. While I love most people, it is true that I tend to gravitate towards men.
13. She has had erotic dreams about two or more members of “Pearl Jam.” I couldn’t even name two members of Pearl Jam. Although I do enjoy a good hot dream!
14. People come up to her and assume that she must be of Irish descent because of her hair. She hates that people just assume the stereotype is true. People do, but I don’t hate it…actually I love it. I mean, I have a green t-shirt that says “Rub me for luck” and a big ole shamrock, for fuck’s sake.
15. She is Irish Catholic. I mean, look at the hair! Also part Polish. Yep, Irish and Polish. I’m a stupid drunk! Wheee!
16. She met Colin Ferrell once and accidentally burped in his face during the incident. Shit. If I had met him, burping is NOT what I would have done in his face. Nuff said.
17. “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” is one those movies to which she can recite the entire dialogue. True. Also The Princess Bride and The Labyrinth. (Shiny, how did you know that?)
18. She doesn’t mind singing in front of people (well, after a few beers at least) — but, curiously, she doesn’t sing in the shower. Oh. Hell. No. I wish I could sing, but I just can’t. There is not enough alcohol in the world to have me drunken singing.
19. Although she loves cartoons, she has a very strong negative reaction to the Smurfs. Nope. Don’t hate the little blue boys. In fact, when I was in 5th grade I wished I was Smurfette. (Imagine living with all those men! Nice!)
20. She’s traveled extensively, but still hasn’t made it to Australia. And really wants to go there. I love to travel, but wouldn’t say that I have done so extensively. Australia is on my list (ok again, how did Shiny know that?), but Alaska is my dream vacation. Ireland as well. Egypt, too. And Fiji. I’ll stop there because there really isn’t much that I wouldn’t want to see.
21. She loves roller coasters. Used to ride ‘em all the time. Now? Not so much. Ok, Shiny shit the bed on this one. I still LOVE roller coasters! The bigger and faster the better. LOVE! (Spinning rides? Definitely not. They make me hurl.)
22. She joined Facebook just because some of her blogging friends pressured her into it. True. Fucking Jester got me on that one. I can’t remember the last time I checked it. Although I am guilty of still checking MySpace.
23. She uses her dogs as “wing-dogs” on occasion — but that’s okay because they don’t mind. If this means what I think it means, then this is true. And the boys don’t mind a bit.
24. She feels that when someone orders plain vanilla ice cream, it’s sacrilege — and such a boring waste. While I don’t think I have ever ordered plain vanilla, ice cream is not something I judge on! All ice cream should be enjoyed. My family just loves ice cream, no matter what flavor.
25. She’s been engaged twice and “almost engaged” three times. Not exactly true. I never accepted any of the offers. They just weren’t the right men.
26. She thought it was a crime when “Futurama” was canceled. (She was right.) The show was great, although I rarely watched it. Guess I am part of the reason it was canceled. Sorry!
27. She’s a giggly drunk. And hates it because her friends poke fun at her about it. As long as everyone is happy, I don’t care if I am the reason that folks are smiling. Besides, I am pretty sure that my friends love that I am a happy drunk.
28. She is a “there / their / they’re” Nazi. True. Same with “your / you’re” and “hour / our” and others. Drives me batshit crazy. Yet I fuck up commas and quotes and all kinds of other stuff that has to piss off others.
29. Her phone extension at work is divisible by 71. 213.
30. Zort is fun to say. So is troz. Which is zort backwards. And this is only peripherally about her, but it counts anyway. ZORT! (Yep, that counted. Good one.)
31. She once completely hooked up with a guy for Steelers playoff tickets, and so didn’t call him after they were eliminated. Ok, no I did not hook up with someone for playoff tickets!
32. She doesn’t get what all the hoopla with “American Idol” is all about. Took me a looooooooooong time, but I have sorta come to appreciate Idol. Again, I blame Jester.
33. Same thing with NASCAR. Not her cup of tea. I don’t hate NASCAR, but I am also not a huge fan. I can enjoy a race, but won’t cry if I miss it. Although I will so admit to a desire to attend a race in person.
34. She’s not proud of it, but she’s kneed guys in the balls five times. (Not the same guy.) Nope. Five is the wrong number.
35. Although she doesn’t have any kids of her own, she’s the “cool aunt” in her family, helping to raise many nieces and nephews. I do appreciate the kids of others! Great to spoil them, then give em back.
36. Although she doesn’t have any babies of her own, she does own a baby pool. Odd… Not odd! I have two dogs and summers get hot. Some days I can’t get the German Shepherd outta the damn pool. Besides, it feels good on my feet after a long day at the office.
37. She doesn’t have any real frogs at home. But, counting figurines, refrigerator magnets, stuffed animals and the like, she has thirty-seven of them in her home. Oh Shiny. Even if you were dyslexic that number would be wrong.
38. She chronically runs late. It comes from a complex she had throughout school where she always had to wait when attendance was called, as her name is in the latter part of the alphabet. Always late, yep. ALWAYS.
39. She once put her fist through a wall, infuriated that she would be without her cable service for four days. I would so do that if my cable were taken from me. My TV and I are friends!
40. She’s an exhibitionist. And she’s an exhibitionist about being an exhibitionist. Ummmm, well…yeah. Although I prefer “outgoing.”
41. She secretly has a passion for singing along to Wilson Phillips. What the hell made Shiny say that? I could understand sing along with Mitch Miller before Wilson Phillips. Sheesh.
42. She’s seen “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” more than five times. Fuck yeah I have. Who hasn’t? Thank you, San Dimas High!
43. She loves her job — and does a damn good job at… well, whatever the hell she does for work. True.
44. She used to work in the banking industry — not as much fun. SO very true!
45. She hasn’t read the DaVinci Code — mostly because everyone else was reading it and saying how much they liked it. Normally that would be true, but I really loved the book. Read it more than once. Hated the movie, though.
46. She’s fired a gun, but not for a long while. True.
47. She goes wild for that “I’m Too Sexy” song. “Wild” is a tad strong. But that song is just fun!
48. When she has to, she can put on a very conservative, rigid, game face which will show people that she’s a force to be reckoned with. True.
49. Two words: Landing Strip. True. (Ok, really. How do you know this stuff?)
50. She considers her mom to be one of her greatest inspirations and heroes. So very true. I really miss that woman.